#THE #MOST #AMAZING #CHOCOLATE #CAKE #RECIPE



THE MOST AMAZING CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPE

Ingredients
The Most Amazing Chocolate Cake

  • butter and flour for coating and dusting the cake pan
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3 cups granulated sugar
  • 1 1/2 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 tablespoon baking soda
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 4 large eggs
  • 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
  • 1 1/2 cups warm water
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • Chocolate Cream Cheese Buttercream Frosting
  • 1 1/2 cups butter softened
  • 8 oz cream cheese softened
  • 1 1/2 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 7-8 cups powdered sugar
  • about 1/4 cup milk as needed
  • US Customary - Metric



Instructions
The Most Amazing Chocolate Cake

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter three 9-inch cake rounds. Dust with flour and tap out the excess.
Mix together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a stand mixer using a low speed until combined.

Add eggs, buttermilk, warm water, oil, and vanilla. Beat on a medium speed until smooth. This should take just a couple of minutes.

Divide batter among the three pans. I found that it took just over 3 cups of the batter to divide it evenly.

Bake for 30-35 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Cool on wire racks for 15 minutes and then turn out the cakes onto the racks and allow to cool completely.

Frost with your favorite frosting and enjoy!

Chocolate Cream Cheese Buttercream Frosting

In a large bowl, beat together butter and cream cheese until fluffy. Use a hand mixer or stand mixer for best results

Add in cocoa powder and vanilla extract. Beat until combined.

Beat in powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time. Add milk as necessary to make a spreadable consistency. The frosting should be very thick and will thicken even more if refrigerated.

source : thestayathomechef

Comments

  1. This really is THE most amazing chocolate cake ever. I've shared with a dozen friends/fam who all agree and look forward to getting the third layer. I make a 2 layer cake, pouring the final layer into an 8x8, frosting and giving that away...sharing the recipe with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, i am a baker and have tried MANY chocolate cake recipes. i have my go to recipe. but i must say, this is a delicious, amazing chocolate cake and may become my go to. i made it into cupcakes and i havent even frosted them yet and have eaten 2. hahaha. Im going to frost them with your frosting but add malt powder!!!! thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to trying this recipe. My standby chocolate cake and frosting has been the recipe on the back of the Hershey's cocoa box. I think I've found a new standby! I've been looking for a good recipe for my chocoholic friend's birthday and I think I've found it! Thank you for sharing😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never made a most delicious and moist chocolate cake ever! I had to share this recipe and cake with co-workers to show them how easy and delicious it is to make..thank you for this recipe😋

    ReplyDelete
  5. That seems like a lot of sugar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. when i see a dessert that looks like it has too much sugar, i'll add half the sugar and taste it. if it needs more, then i'll add more, but ya! 3 cups does seem like a lot! then there's 7-8 cups of powdered sugar for the frosting! i might start with Stevia or something like that...i always taste it before i bake a cake. just a thought. ;-)

      Delete
  6. What can you use if you ca ot get butter ilk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can add lemon juice or vinegar to milk,1 tbs per cup of milk ,i think, google it.

      Delete
  7. I'm not a Chocolate cake fan but this is my go to recipe when I have to bake a Chocolate cake for a Client .. I must say this cake is very good and Moist

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used only 1 cup of unsweetened cocoa and added 1 box of instant chocolate pudding to the dry ingredients. Then I added 3 teaspoons of good quality instant coffee to the warm water. I also changed the granulated sugar to brown sugar and boy oh boy, what a yummy cake! The instant pudding makes it fudgy and the coffee just upped the chocolate flavour. This is not only my go to cake, but it is the only chocolate cake recipe I use for anything from cakes through cupcakes all the way to mug cakes and lava cakes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment